2017 has been a really good year for me. I finished University, I went interrailing around most of Western Europe with my boyfriend for 6 weeks over June and July, I started a new job and I finally finished another level of my accounting qualification. I’m hoping that 2018 will be just as good life wise. In terms of my bookish life, I started this very blog in March 2017 and hit 100 blog followers with it. I also read more books that I have ever read in one year, with the grand total being 60 books read! I still have 200 books to conquer though so I can’t be too celebratory!
I don’t have many but I do have some goals for 2018 that I would love to share with you all, and hopefully you’ll share yours with me. These are my bookish goals for the year of 2018!
- Read 40 books – My goal is 40 but ideally I’d love to hit 75 books read in 2018. 75 is a big stretch for me, but we’ll see how it goes as I managed to read 60 books in 2017. There’s a few factors that may hinder my 75 book goal, so that’s why I’ve gone for 40 officially!
- Cut my TBR down – This links to the point above. I think I have roughly 200 books on my TBR. Perhaps 215/220. I would definitely like to get this below 150 as it just continues to get out of control. Plus, it’s not fun having so many books on my shelves that I want to read but don’t because other books have more priority..
- Cut down how many books I buy – I definitely have a book buying problem. There, I said it. It is true though. I really can’t help myself. I mentioned on twitter that I wouldn’t buy any books unless I’ve read 10. I feel like this might be a stretch as there are a few books coming out that I definitely want (Sarah J Maas books, for example). I think I will limit myself to 1 book for every 10 books read BUT will make an exception for extremely highly anticipated reads.
- Use February to read historical books – I have quite a few historical reads racking up on my shelves so to combat the loss of history lectures in my life, I shall make up for it by reading historical fiction.
- Only buy books when I have read 10 – I have just realised that a special Batman: Nightwalker is available and I may have to invest so it matches my Wonder Woman, but this is the only exception.
- Reach 200 blog followers – I reached 100 blog followers in the last few months of 2017, so I’d love to reach 200 by the time 2018 is up!
- Reach 4000 instagram followers – I’ve been on instagram for 3 years almost and unlike a lot of bookstagrammers who started at the same time as me, my following is very low in comparison. It does make me sad as I put a lot of effort into my pictures, but at the same time, it is what it is. I’m just hoping to hit 4000 by the end of 2018!
Honestly, my biggest goal is to read 75 books. In 2017, I read 60 but I did really want to read 75 books. If I can read 75, that’ll definitely help me on my way to cutting down my TBR pile. Although, that does only permit me to buy 7 books this year if I can stick to that rule. What’re your bookish goals for 2018?