So I guess I’m turning YALC 2018 into a bit of a series now on the blog following my YALC 2018 tips post. Like last year, I will be blogging my experience of YALC 2018 and will also be doing a separate posts on any swag that I pick up (if I pick up any, but let’s be honest, I can’t stop myself when it comes to all things bookish)
With YALC fast approaching, I thought it may be a good time to tell you guys about the books that I’m taking. I am extremely behind on the books I need to read for the event, especially since there are some authors that I want to meet and have sign my books and I haven’t even read their books yet! This happened last year too but admittedly, last year I had been on a 6 week trip inter railing around Europe and this year I’ve been working full time and have been studying for the last 7 months, with my last exam actually falling the day before I go down to YALC!
I am currently reading some of the unread books at this moment in time, so hopefully I will have managed to get through most with only one to two remaining to read.
I will split this into two sections of books read and books not read to make it a little easier to see what I haven’t read (which is mostly for myself).
- The Smoke Thieves by Sally Green
- Editing Emma by Chloe Seager
- Orphan Monster Spy by Matt Killeen
- The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert
- Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
- Zenith by Sasha Alsberg and Lindsay Cummings
- All These Beautiful Strangers by Elizabeth Klehfoth
- Everless by Sara Holland
Books not read:
- The Surface Breaks by Louise O’Neill
- Things A Bright Girl Can Do by Sally Nicholls
- The Belles by Dhonielle Clayton
- Eve of Man by Giovanna and Tom Fletcher (I’m not too fussed about reading this one prior to YALC as I know that the queue will be very, very busy and quick anyway!)
Total books: 12
When I break it down like this, it doesn’t actually seem all that bad with how many books I have to read. I am taking down more books than anticipated as there aren’t as many authors going to this years event that I want to see in comparison to last year, but I am still taking down a decent amount. Hopefully I’ll be able to get all of them signed!
What books are you taking with you to YALC? Are there any books on my list you’re taking? Which authors are you planning on meeting?