September started off really well in terms of how much I read. I really surprised myself. In fact, I’m really happy with how much I managed to read considering my reading in 2018 could be considered a flop until now.
Not only did I read more books than I have in the last few months, I also went on holiday with my boyfriend and his family. We went to Croyde in Devon in the first week of September. It was really lovely to have some time away from work and really took my mind off upcoming exams and revision.
Other than my holiday at the beginning of the month, I haven’t really done much else other than work and study for exams. I have been able to meet up with some friends though, which has been nice as I haven’t seen some of them in a while! I did also get one of my results back from an exam resit that I did at the end of August. I don’t want to boast but I am super proud of myself – the first time I did the exam, I missed out on a pass by 3/4 marks and got 68%. I managed to change my score to 86% so I am really pleased with that and it’s definitely motivated me more!
Monthly reading total: 5 Books this year: 34
Reading Goals for September:
- Finish City of Ghosts by V E Schwab
- Read Friendship Fails of Emma Nash by Chloe Seager
- Read Gentleman’s Guide To Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee
- City of Ghosts by V.E. Schwab
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
- Friendship Fails of Emma Nash by Chloe Seager
- PS. I Still Love You by Jenny Han
- Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han
I’m fairly impressed by what I managed to read this month although it’s still not as much I would really like to read. I read most of these books within the first week or two of September so if I’d have kept up this pace for the rest of the month (damn you, revision) then I think I would’ve managed to conquer another 5-10 books. Luckily after the 19th November, I (hopefully) don’t have anymore exams for a little while so will be able to read more!
This Months TBR:
- Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan
- The Witch of Willow Hall by Hester Fox
- Sawkill Girls by Claire Legrand
- The Lady’s Guide To Petticoats and Piracy by Mackenzi Lee
I’d also like to finish What’s If It’s Us? by Becky Albertalli and Adam Silver and The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee before the end of October!
Did you manage to finish your September TBR? What was your favourite book you read this month? What’re your goals for October?