As a companion to my November Wrap Up, where I usually post my TBR for the upcoming month, I thought I’d move it to here for Blogmas!
Before I get into it, I just want to talk a little about Blogmas. I’ve never participated in it before and am going down the Bookmas tour because duh, this blog is a book blog! I’m excited to be posting every day this month although it has been daunting trying to think of some posts. Hopefully I’ve got some unique ones mixed in with the more standard sorts of posts – it’s difficult to think of 25 unique posts!
My reading goal for the year is 40 and I’m currently at 36. I have 4 books to read which is do-able, considering I am close to finishing one book and have some shorter ones that I plan to read this month. Once I’ve hit my goal, I feel like the pressure that I’ve felt in the latter half of the year will let up and I’ll feel like I can read for pleasure a little more, in comparison to reading just to meet a goal.
I don’t usually find I feel too pressured by my goals but this year I have felt more pressure because I haven’t been able to read as much due to studying for the majority of this year. I am hoping to read a lot more in December as I currently have no study to do up until Christmas (providing I pass my last exam).
So, without further ado, here’s my TBR for December!
1. Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor – I started this at the end of October but only got 50 pages into it. I’m intrigued to read more of it, especially since this book has been hyped by a lot of people in the book community.
2. A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens – I’m trying to create a tradition for myself where I read a Christmas book in December every year. Last year I read The Afterlife of Holly Chase which was a retelling of A Christmas Carol. This year, I’d like to actually read A Christmas Carol. I’m not a huge fan of classics so we’ll see how I get on with this one.
3. The Sisters of the Winter Wood by Rena Rossner – This has been on my list of books to read since I saw it at YALC at the end of July. I was kindly sent a copy of this one but have been saving it for the colder months. Now it’s December, it’s the perfect time to read it.
4. The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon – I read the first chapter of Priory at the beginning of October with the intention of reading a chapter a day but I ended up not doing that. I’m planning to work my way through this one over the month of December.
5. The Lady’s Guide to Petticoats and Piracy by Mackenzi Lee – After finishing The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue, I want to get onto this book so that I am up to date. I didn’t read Gentleman’s Guide when it first came out so I want to make sure I read Lady’s Guide not long after its release.
6. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern – I’ve been wanting to read this book ever since I saw it when I first joined the book community, which is just over 4.5 years ago. I think it’s about time I finally read this book. It seems like a good read for December. I actually was planning to read it in December last year but never did, so I’ve been waiting all year to read it.
So that’s my December TBR and my first Blogmas post. I’m really hoping I get my reading mojo back and can fly through these books.