I feel like 2018 has been a fairly quiet year for new releases, or at least there haven’t been as many books this year that I’ve been as interested in. Maybe my 200+ TBR is finally starting to make me feel guilty so that’s taken my attention away from all books that have been released this year.
I do definitely feel more pressure from my shelves these days to read the books I actually have rather than only reading new releases. However, there are some 2019 releases that are coming out that I am quite excited for!
I won’t list them all but here are 10 books out in 2019 that I am looking forward too:
- Children of Virtue and Vengeance by Tomi Adeyemi – I read Children of Blood and Bone when it was released this year and loved it. I have to read the next book to get some answers!
- King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo – I’m really looking forward to reading about Nikolai in this book after meeting him in the Grisha trilogy. I also have major cover love with this book.
- Capturing the Devil by Kerri Maniscalco – You didn’t think I was going to write this list and not include this book, did you? This is the fourth and final book in the series and I am extremely sad about it.
- Finale by Stephanie Garber – Another last book of the series. I am super excited about this one but also sad at the same time because yay, another book in the series but boo because it’s the last one!
- Spectacle by Jodie Lynn Zdrok – I am very excited for this book. I am really loving historical murder mysteries (if I haven’t mentioned that about 10 times already) and this fits perfectly into that genre.
- Descendant of the Crane by Joan He – First of all, the cover (below) is gorgeous. Secondly, this read sounds fantastic and I’m really looking forward to reading this when it’s out. It’s already gathering some hype which is positive!
- Enchantee by Gita Trelease – I’ve been following the journey of this book ever since I heard about it in July. It sounds so fantastic. Another historical book but not so much murder mystery. I feel like it’s giving me those Caraval vibes.
- We Hunt the Flame by Hafsah Faizal – I feel like everybody is getting hyped for this and there’s good reason for it. It sounds fantastic! I’m looking forward to this being released next year, not to mention the (current) cover is gorgeous!
- On the Come Up by Angie Thomas – After reading The Hate U Give last year, which is a book with incredible impact, I just knew this had to be on my list for 2019 releases. I’m really hoping I love it as much as I loved THUG!
- The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon – I was lucky enough to receive an advanced copy of this which I’m starting to make my way through this month but I just had to add it to my list anyway because it’s hugely anticipated by myself and so many others. It definitely had me at the mention of dragons.
Those are just 10 of the books I’m looking forward to in 2019. What are your most anticipated 2019 releases?