The lovely Kate at Reading Through Infinity tagged me to do the Bookish Naughty or Nice tag which was created by the fab Jenn of Jenniely so here I am! It’s fun to be able to do another tag this Blogmas and I’ve seen this one about recently!
- Tag & link the person who tagged you
- Tag and link me/this post
- Tick/cross off the ones you’ve done
- Tag another 10 people! (I’m going to tag 5 people for this post!)
1. Received an ARC and not reviewed it ✔
I try to review every ARC that I have read. This year has been really tough what with starting work full-time towards the end of last year so I’ve been trying to get into a routine with that, plus I’ve been studying for the majority of the year so I’ve been struggling to actually read as much as I’d like this year.
2. Have less than 60% feedback rating on Netgalley ✔
I honestly have no idea what my feedback rating is on Netgalley, but it’s probably quite low because when I first joined the book blogging community, I went a bit nuts and requested loads of stuff and then didn’t read anything. Terrible, I know. So since then, I haven’t really used it that much. Plus, I have so many physical books to read, I don’t use my Kindle that much.
3. Rated a book on Goodreads and promised a full review was to come on your blog (and never did) ✔
I actually don’t know if I’ve done this. I think maybe once or twice, but I tend not to promise full reviews. I usually write a small review on Goodreads but will write my main one on my blog!
4. Folded down the page of a book
I used to do this when I was younger with some books, I don’t even know why because bookmarks exist and I love bookmarks, but I guess when you’re a kid, you’re a bit more careless with things so I did do this in the past, but I probably haven’t done it within the last 5 years because I want my books to look mostly perfect.
5. Accidentally spilled on a book
I haven’t…yet. I hopefully never will. I have so many book sleeves now, I put my books in those so that they don’t get damaged.
6. DNF a book this year
No, I don’t actually DNF books, so I haven’t done this at all this year!
7. Bought a book purely because it was pretty with no intention of reading it
I do buy some books for their covers, but I do intend to read them. If the synopsis doesn’t sound great though, I won’t buy it.
8. Read whilst you were meant to be doing something else (like homework) ✔
I’ve done this when I was supposed to be revising!
9. Skim read a book
I can’t really skim read books because I like taking in all the information. This is probably why I’m such a slow reader. However, I do sometimes skim over pages if I think there’s too much description so I can get to the dialogue.
10. Completely missed your Goodreads goal
Apparently I am currently on target. I definitely should hit my goal by the end of the year!
11. Borrowed a book and not returned it to the library
I’ve never not returned a library book, but I did give one back late the other day as I didn’t have time to take it back what with work and everything! It was only a few days late.
12. Broke a book buying ban ✔
Always. Book bans really just don’t work for me. I am much better off not putting any limits on myself. This year I’ve bought less books than I did in 2017, but I do need to cut back a little more. I have a hell of a lot of books on my TBR so I really do need to cut down and focus on reading those more.
13. Started a review, left it for ages then forgot what the book was about ✔
I am guilty of doing this. I tried to write reviews of the books I read whilst travelling in Europe last year and whilst on my trip to Iceland but I ended up forgetting the exact plot line!
14. Wrote in a book you were reading
I haven’t. I don’t think I could to be honest. I would like to start tabbing my books but I’m going to be watching some YouTube videos for inspiration as I have no idea where to start!
15. Finished a book and not added it to your Goodreads
Never! I add books to my Goodreads so that they count towards my reading challenge!
16. Borrowed a book and not returned it to a friend
I haven’t borrowed a book off somebody in ages. In fact, I have been the one to lend books out to people recently. The girls at work are getting more into reading so they’ve been borrowing a few of my books!
17. Dodged someone asking if they can borrow a book
It depends who it is, but I don’t really have that many friends so I can easily dodge this. Plus, most of my friends are bookish so they tend to just get their own!
18. Broke the spine of someone else’s book
I haven’t done this because I haven’t bought anybody’s book
19. Took the jacket off a book to protect it and ended up making it more damaged
I take the jackets off my books but they tend to stay in fairly good shape. I don’t really care about the book getting damaged when the dust jacket is off, which is funny seeing as the dust jacket is meant to protect the book!
20. Sat on a book accidentally
I don’t do this but my dad does! He is always coming in to my room and is sitting on my books that are on my bed!
How did I do?
I think I’ve pretty much made the nice list! I’m surprised, as I thought it would be worse!
Lauren @ FictionTea
Beth @ BooksNest
Layla @ Readable Life
Hollie @ Hollieblog
Mia @ The Cosy Reader