With just over a week left of 2018, I thought I would list out 5 books to read before the year ends. These books were not all released in 2018, but they are books I would definitely recommend. You could even choose one of these to fit one of the challenges for End of Yearathon if you’re joining in on it!
- To All The Boys I’ve Love Before by Jenny Han – This contemporary is a very fast read and it’s so cute. The movie came out on Netflix in August so once you’ve read this one, you can watch the movie!
- Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli – I absolutely flew through this book. The writing is great, Simon is a good character to follow and just the storyline of this book is fab. I really enjoyed this one and it can definitely be read in one sitting!
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas – This book is a little longer than the previous two, but it is a compelling and important read that I think everyone should experience. I don’t know about you, but I usually fly through contemporaries so this one could definitely be read quite quickly.
- Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi – A 2018 release and again, longer than the first two books but it’s a really great fantasy that is definitely worth reading. I fully recommend this book!
- Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor – This book is a last minute winner of 2018 for me. This is easily one of the best books I’ve read. It’s taken me a little longer than I wanted to read it, but I feel like it’s just so amazing. It’s magical and the writing is lovely.
What books would you recommend be read before 2018 is over?