December was both busy and calm. I know that sounds weird but it was busy because I was trying to get Christmas presents together and I was trying to tie up a few things ready for the Christmas break but it was also calm because December was the only month of 2018 where I haven’t done any studying because I finally passed all my exams. It has been a hell of a year and I won’t lie, I have really struggled but once I put in as much effort as I could, I finally had the results I needed back.
Because I had no exams to revise for, it meant that I was able to read a little more. Ok, it’s not much in comparison to some peoples monthly reading totals, but I’m happy that I managed to read this amount after being in a slump.
With December, I hosted my first readathon, End of Yearathon and I had so much fun. I’m really looking forward to hosting it again with Amanda next year, although it’ll be running from the 26th December – 31st December in 2019, as opposed to 26th Dec-1st Jan like it ran this year!
I did manage to reach my reading goal for the year, which was 40, but only just. I did want to read more in the region of 70 books, but that just wasn’t happening with exams all year.
Monthly reading total: 5 || Books this year: 41
It would have been a reading total of 6 for the month, but I ended up going to a friends house for New Years fairly early in the day and so I had to leave the last 40 pages to be read on New Years Day! The plus side of that is that it meant I’ve already added a book to my Goodreads 2019 challenge!
Reading Goals for Last Month:
- Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
- The Sisters of the Winter Wood by Rena Rossner
- The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon
- The Lady’s Guide to Petticoats and Piracy by Mackenzi Lee
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
Uh…ok. So I read two books from this list in December. That is a little shameful but what can I say? I struggle to stick to monthly TBRs. I do want to get better at sticking to them but I do struggle as sometimes I’m just not in the mood. That being said, I have made a TBR for January.
This Months TBR:
- The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon – I am planning to pick this one up, but don’t think I’ll finish it until February, which is fine! As long as I pick it up, I’ll be happy as it’s one big chunky book!
- Enchantee by Gita Trelease – I picked this one up in the first few days of January, so should have this one finished by the end of the month!
- The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak – I’ve been wanting to read this one for years, but have never got to it. Is this January going to be the one? Who knows?
- The Lady’s Guide to Petticoats and Piracy by Mackenzi Lee – I read A Gentleman’s Guide last month so would like to get this series finished!
- Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor – This was one of the best books I read in 2018 and just ever, so I want to start my year off right by reading this one.
- Saga Volume 2 by Brian K. Vaughan – I think I may have to re-read the first one as I can’t remember that much of what happened but I’d like to read this one.
Not on this list, but a book I am sure I will pick up is The Wicked King by Holly Black because I read it during End of Yearathon and really enjoyed it.
So that’s my wrap up and January 2019 TBR. Let’s see how we do!
What books are on your TBR for January?