Ah, the first wrap up of 2019! January has been a fairly good reading month for me and I’m glad that I managed to start my year off right. I am hoping I can keep this momentum going throughout the year and avoid any reading slumps. I felt like the last half of 2018 was one big slump for me and I didn’t really read that much each month. I want 2019 to be much more productive in terms of reading.
In terms of my personal life, not much has happened. I’ve been working overtime to meet the personal tax deadline so there’s that. I’ve also booked a trip to Poland with my boyfriend in February, but other than that, January has been pretty boring but it’s meant that I’ve been able to read quite a bit. I think February will be a bit busier as we go away and because I’m meeting Holly Black and Cassandra Clare in February. I just really hope I can read another 6 books, especially as the month is shorter!
Monthly reading total: 6 || Books this year: 6/30
Reading Goals for Last Month:
- The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon – Started.
- Enchantee by Gita Trelease – Read.
- The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak – Not read.
- The Lady’s Guide to Petticoats and Piracy by Mackenzi Lee – Not read.
- Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor – Not read.
- Saga Volume 2 by Brian K. Vaughan – Read.
- The Wicked King by Holly Black – This wasn’t on my TBR for the month, but I did mention that I would probably read it and that I did!
I finished Vicious which I started in December, read The Lost Sisters novella by Holly Black and Two Can Keep a Secret by Karen M. McManus. I don’t think I did too badly on my TBR, although I could’ve done a lot better. I think January involved shorter books which helped me have a decent reading month.
- City of Glass by Cassandra Clare – I’m meeting Cassie and Holly at their combined event on the 22nd February. I’ve only read the first two books of the Mortal Instruments so I definitely need to get back on this series. Especially as there are so many books by Cassandra on my TBR, I think I could reduce my TBR by about 12 books just reading hers alone!
- Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor – This was on my January TBR but since I read a lot of shorter books during the month, I didn’t want to read this one in case it slowed me down. I’m definitely going to start it in February though before I start forgetting things from Strange the Dreamer.
- The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon – I started this one in January and like I said, I knew I wouldn’t finish it until February so I will definitely have this finished this month!
- Circle of Shadows by Evelyn Skye – I was very kindly sent this by the publisher so I would like to get this one read in February for sure!
- Paper Girls Vol. 2 – I received Volume 1 for my birthday in July so when I received some Christmas money, I used it to purchase Volume 2!
- Vengeful by V. E. Schwab – I read Vicious in December/January, so I would love to complete this series before moving onto Victoria’s other books!
What books are on your TBR for February?