April has been an interesting month. I started a new job on the 1st so have been fairly busy with that. The bonus to it is that I get an hour for my lunch break meaning that I get a bit of time to read in the day now! I also (very badly) hosted #ARCAttack and attended a book signing for Alice Oseman and Lauren James.I’ve also started running a bit more this month, so I’ve been busy with that. Special mention also goes to Taylor Swift who released her new song ME! which I got up super early for to see the video go live!
Other than general life things, I’ve had decent reading month. I’m heading closer an closer to my Goodreads goal of 30 books which I’m pretty happy about. Now that the YALC 2019 line up has been announced, I’m going to start planning which books I need to read for that. I don’t have as many authors to see as I expected so I’ll be making my way through that list in June and July.
Monthly reading total: 6 || Books this year: 19/30
- Paper Girls Vol. 2 by Brian K. Vaughan
- The Devouring Grey by Christine Lynn Herman
- Opposite of Always by Justin A. Reynolds
- The Path Keeper by N. J. Simmonds
- A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson
- The Paper and Hearts Society by Lucy Powrie
I had a fairly decent reading month in April, but still didn’t read as much as I was hoping for! I’m hoping that I’ll be able to get a similar amount (or more) reading done in May seeing as we have two bank holidays and I’m also going on holiday for a week down South.
Reading Goals for Last Month:
My reading goals for April can be found at my #ARCAttack post here. I’ll be posting a more detailed post about how my TBR progress went soon.
- Finale by Stephanie Garber
- Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan – I’m part way through this so definitely want to get it finished.
- Romanov by Nadine Brandes
- The Vanishing Stair by Maureen Johnson
- Eliza and her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
What was your favourite read this month? What books are on your TBR for May?