Most people talking about the 19 books they want to read in 2019 at the beginning of the year, but I figured that there’s still so many books that I’d like to read that are on my TBR and we still have half the year left that I may as well write up all the books that I want to read in the remainder of the year.
This year, I think I’m doing pretty well in terms of my reading. I’ve hit my Goodreads goal of 30 books and am now aiming to double that by reading 60. We’ll see if that happens but I can live in hope.
Not all of the books on my 19 books to read list are books that I haven’t read yet. I decided that I’d like to do something that I rarely do this year and that’s reread some books. There are definitely some books I need to reread before I go onto the next book in the series but I also want to re-read them just because I do. Due to there being re-reads on my TBR, I’m going to split this into two sections.
- Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
- Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas
- Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff
- Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor
- Uprooted by Naomi Novik
- Vengeful by V. E. Schwab
- A Thousand Beginnings and Endings edited by Ellen Oh and Elsie Chapman
- A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro
- Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody
- Warcross by Marie Lu
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater
- Descendant of the Crane by Joan He
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J. K. Rowling
I feel like this list is a little ambitious what with working full time and with the studying and exams coming up over the next six months, but after YALC has passed, I definitely want to focus on getting through this list as I really need to knock some of my owned books off my TBR.