Hi! I’m Victoria, but you can call me Vicky. I’m a 20-something year old History graduate turned trainee accountant, born and raised in the West Midlands, England. You may know me from my Bookstagram or Twitter, where I am known to post pictures of and talk about books.
I’ve always enjoyed reading but ever since I discovered the world of book blogs in 2014, I was pulled back into the world of books and haven’t come out since. After setting up my own blog in 2014 but not consistently updating it, I focussed on my Instagram account. With the introduction of the algorithm at the beginning of 2017, I turned my attention to Twitter and shortly after that, What Vicky Read was born.
I created this blog because I love to share what I’m reading and my thoughts on books, because my family and friends don’t really want to hear it so what better place to express my love for something than the internet? I aim to give my honest opinion on the books that I’ve read, squeal about upcoming books that I’m oh so excited about and talk about all things bookish.
Some of my favourite books ever include:
- Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling
- Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas
- Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins
- Caraval series by Stephanie Garber
- Stalking Jack the Ripper series by Kerri Maniscalco
- The Cruel Prince series (Proper series name is Folk of the Air) by Holly Black
- Vicious by V. E. Schwab
- Serpent & Dove by Shelby Mahurin
- Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
- Editing Emma by Chloe Seager
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins – This is the book that got me back into reading in 2014 so it had to be included!
Outside of reading, I enjoy watching Game of Thrones and Brooklyn 99. I also love watching any film from the Marvel Universe, any Harry Potter film and the Hunger Games. I also LOVE the To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before movie. If you hadn’t noticed yet, most of these films are book related. I also like to spend time with my family and friends whenever I’m not reading.
Here’s a few facts about me, in case you did want to know me a little better…
- I’m quite terrible at keeping to monthly TBR’s so I tend to read whatever tickles my fancy, although I am gradually getting better at sticking to them!
- I am a July baby and get very offended when people claim that all Cancer’s cry because it’s simply not true.
- I love bookmarks and basically collect them. I also collect book sleeves.
- I went inter-railing around Europe for 6 weeks in Summer 2017 and loved it. I’ve now been to quite a few major cities throughout the continent.
- Cherry Bakewells are my favourite sweet treat in the world but I refuse to eat the glazed cherry on them.
So that’s a little (or a lot) bit about me and I hope you’ll stick around!
Image above by the wonderful Lauren at FictionTea.